Are you over 50 and struggling to get interviews?
It can be really difficult when you have been made redundant to find work when you are over 50. Employers want experience and skills but don’t want to feel you will walk out of the door as soon as the economy picks up. Employers are also worried about the new age discrimination legislation. Once you have employed someone you can no longer expect them to retire at 65. Their older new recruit could go on and on….
Have you been described as too experienced?
If your answer to these questions is YES – then maybe you should set up as a contractor.
Your future client will get:
- Access to all your experience; and
- No worries about whether you will still be working for them in 10 (or more) years time.
- Work now and therefore income;
- More experience so that when the economy picks up you have not had a break in your employment; and
- The chance to be your own boss.
At Clearways Accountants we have a number of clients that have been in this position, started contracting and within a year had received job offers for permanent positions.
If you think this could be the solution to your unemployment problems, then contact Clearways Accountants on 01737 244298. We are experts at helping clients set up their businesses in a way that is tax efficient and suits their personal circumstances.